With lockdown soon to be a distant memory, all that time spent doing odd jobs in your home will really pay dividends if you are looking to move.
Many of our clients have decided in lockdown that they wish for a change. Working from home and home schooling at the kitchen table may have shown how important that extra space of an office or outbuilding can be.
Others have decided, during their exercise hour, how wonderful it would be to move out of the city and take advantage of the amazing surroundings we are lucky enough to have in the West country.
So, if you are looking to make that move this Spring, Debbie’s famous tips, established over many years of experience (she really knows what she is talking about), will help you quickly realise your dream, whatever that may be.
Here are Debbie’s top tips to achieve a sale this Spring.
• Price your house sensibly, taking advice from an established successful local estate agent.
• Declutter and get rid of any rubbish and stuff you do not need.
• Paint or clean your front door… you never get a second chance to make a first impression, the same applies to your reception hall.
• Clean your home from top to bottom. Make it smell lovely!
• Tidy your front garden, plant up pots. This is called kerb appeal.
• Think of the use for each room and stage it as such…rearranging furniture if necessary.
• Keep pets out of the way and avoid any nasty surprises in the garden.
• Make sure the heating is on for viewings…
• Look at your EPC. Would a simple change to low energy bulbs throughout your home improve its rating?
• Put up your chosen agents ‘For Sale’ board.
• LASTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY Choose the right estate agent and get to know them. Nothing beats a committed experienced team who will go out of their way to help you.
For advice about any aspect of selling your home, contact Debbie Fortune Estate Agents at their offices in Backwell, Congresbury and Chew Magna or visit debbiefortune.co.uk.